Monday, December 17, 2007

Snow, Parties, Candy and Pillows....

The Kids all dressed up for the snow
Pillows, pillows, and yep...more pillows!!!


So I have a lot to say this entry. First: Snow came, kids got dressed. kids played, kids got cold, kids came in. But it was fun while it lasted. Poor Zach had to wear PINK snow pants. I thought I had some for him in black but all I could find were pink!!! Oh well I'll pay for therapy later.

Last week Ben and I went to 2 Christmas Parties. My work and his.
The school district party (mine) was up the canyon at a lodge and was quite nice. The cool thing was they gave each of us a gift when we left and we got a Spiral Cut Ham and a 5 lb. loaf of cheese!!! I thought that was very cool.
Then we had Ben's work party in Vernal. Vernal is an hour away from our house so we got a sitter, left early and got some shopping done. We had to take 2 white elephant gifts to the party. I generally HATE white elephants. We took 2 boxes of cookies and we were the hit of the party. It was a late night but fun. Side note...DO NOT order a hamburger from a Mexican restaurant unless you want a touch of food poisoning.

I love Christmas candy. But I hate that it's all "limited edition" the kind you can ONLY get at Christmas. Well I've solved the problem. I LOVE MINT M&M's!!!! LOVE THEM!!! So to help me deal with the "limited edition" issue I bought 7 bags when I went to the store. I would have got more but that was all they had on hand. This should get me through New Year's

Last but NOT least.....Today is Ben's Girls Basketball Christmas Party. So I decided I would make each girl a basketball pillow!!! I was so proud of myself. They looked SOOOO good and I got them all done a whole day early!!! Then when I got back from Church Choir practice I was informed that I needed 10 Pillows. I had made 9!!!! Well that wasn't so bad except I was out of material!!!! So after some naughty words and fishing scraps out of the garbage I pieced together pillow #10. Can you find it in the picture????









1 comment:

Morgan Hagey said...

I can't find the 10th pillow. You must have done a good job!

And "touch" of food poisoning? You must be joking! TOUCH! That was a b-io-tch slap of food poisoning.