Monday, June 9, 2008

Near Death Experience....

Well not really but hey I got you reading right? Today was the first day of swim lessons. Here's a basic breakdown, we go to the high school at 9 am, get on a bus for a 50 min. drive to the rec center in WY, swim for 45 min., get back on the bus and come home. We're home by noon but what a long morning. It doesn't help that I get VERY car sick. So I went to our little market and got some motion sickness drugs, we'll see if they help. While me and the 3 big kids were gone, Ben and Dani made a dump run. It's free to dump today so we filled up a horse trailer FULL of crap and Ben took it over. Then we got home from swimming and we went to get our horse Aggie to work with her. Well she's a dork. She got an attitude over the winter and she was quite disobedient. She also wouldn't let Ben get on her. She lets him handle her, and lead and saddle and brush, but NOT get on her. Well she let me on. So we worked with her for a little while and then she got irritated and reared up on her back legs. Remember I'M ON HER!!! But don't worry I didn't fall off. Quite the opposite, I leaned forward and down and held on. What was funny was Ben's reaction. He was worried about me and didn't want me to get hurt. But then when Aggie returned all 4 legs to the ground and I was fine, Ben was shocked! He said "wow you didn't fall off!" He was honestly shocked. His reaction was so great. Anyway we took her back to her pasture and came home. We barbecued dinner and now Michaela is getting quizzed by Ben about 4-wheeler safety. All kids ages 8-15 have to take a 4-wheeling class in order to drive a 4-wheeler on their own. We don't have a 4-wheeler but it's good stuff for her to know.

Tomorrow...more swim lessons YIKES!!!!

2 comments:

Erin said...

Why do you have homocidal horse? It sounds like the horse has worse than a little horsey 'tude. It sounds like that horse is out to get you. :-) Glad you survived. :-)

Jen said...

Hmm... I'm not sure that going to swimming lessons on the bus is something I miss about living in Manila. Good luck for 7 more days!