Monday, June 22, 2009
A Father's day of sorts
Happy Father's Day yesterday to all the fathers out there. Here at our house we had a different kind of Father's Day. It started Saturday when Ben got home from a basketball tournament, and had to go to work. While out on a call about baby cougars he got called about a missing 10 year old boy by one of our mountain lakes. He left strait from the cougars to go organize and head up the search. This was around 5pm. By night fall they hadn't found the boy but called in other agencies to come help search. Night fall turned into dead of night and they were still searching. This went on all night and into morning (Ben tells me the sun is up around 4:30 in the mountains) As morning broke they were still searching and finally by the grace of God this little boy was found. Ben was on hand the entire time and did the interview with this little boy to figure out what happened and how he made it through the night in the cold and wind and rain. It was VERY emotional for all those involved Ben included. I got to talk to him once during this 18 hour search and he was exhausted but wouldn't stop, it really got to him especially when we have a 10 year old at home. He made it home around 2:30 Sunday afternoon and I sent him straight to bed. He hadn't slept in 33 hours. He woke up a few hours later, showered ate and headed to Salt Lake for a week of training. Through all of this the kids and I made sure to wish him a happy father's day. I'm so proud of him and thankful for all the hard work he does. It was a VERY hard weekend filled with a range of emotions but through it all I know my kids are so lucky to have Ben for their dad. So Happy Father's Day dads and enjoy it!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Justin was there with Natalies' family and they all helped look for that little guy too. You're right it was very emotional for everyone. No one slept that night as they thought about that little boy. So glad they found him and that he was alright.
Oh! Thank goodness they found him! What a weekend! I can't imagine how scary that would be; for everyone involved. Hope this week is a little less eventful. :-)
You go Ben! We're very proud of you! We're proud of the way you dive into your work and always do it 110%.
We love ya lots!
Kent and Anne
Good thing I do not usually come to the original of your blog. I am totally depressed by how fast summer is going...but to each their own.
Post a Comment