Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Lesson Learned....

If you know me (even a little) you know I have NO patience. Well I have pretty good patience with my children and never yell. But when it comes to pretty much everything else in life ZERO patience. Why? I don't know but it's been this way my WHOLE life. I had NO patience waiting until I was 16 to drive so I started at 14 (illegally...I know, I kn0w) Cooking drives me crazy because food has to cook!!! And when I get it into my head I want something....well it has to be NOW!!! This is not ideal for life I understand. And it's a vice I need to work on...but I have no patience for it!! Anyway I had quite the insight that will make our lives easier. I have many, many (God willing) years left on this earth. That means that even though there are things I want RIGHT NOW I can wait and have things or do things when it's a better time in my life. What does this all mean? Well if you've read my blog for long you know that we have many fun and interesting animals. I love having my Baby Doll Sheep, Fainting Goats, and Miniature Donkeys. Well the time has come that they find a new home. Life is hectic and busy and even though it's ton of fun having all these animals, it's also a ton of work. So for now the animals need to find a better home. I told Ben that there will be time for animals later when life isn't so precarious. It's sad but I know that this isn't the time. So it will be a test of patience for me to not dive right back into the animal farm life, but I know that there is a time for everything and this isn't that time.

1 comment:

BloggingBills said...

Good for you. Remember what I said about my spiritual epiphany: I say I have no patience (can it be genetic???) and yet I do nothing to try to develop patience on a spiritual level. I don't pray for it (I have started to). I don't look for ways to exercise it (I have started to) and I don't ask for help in recognizing situations when I am being patient (I have started to) and now all of a sudden I see lots of ways in which God is leading me to overcome this glaring flaw in my character by giving me lots of opportunity to work on patience (what else do you call it when you GET to, not HAVE to, zip up 26 coats and put on 26 pairs of mittens on kids who want to go outside NOW!)? So I think we can spend life despairing of our faults or we can hunker down and work on them, however painful. And I want it to work NOW!
MA