Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Thankful Notes

This year I'm trying to have more thank fullness in Thanksgiving.  I don't believe in skipping strait to Christmas on November 1 and I think that Thanksgiving is a great time to remind our kids of what they have and are blessed with.  And hopefully have some perspective before we are thrust into the throngs of Christmas Wishes!!!  So here's what I did, cut up cute Thanksgiving Scrap Book paper and posted them all over our french doors from our family room to living room.  Every day the kids and us parents pick a paper and write what we're thankful for.  One thing I've noticed is my children enjoy food.  Every morning as soon as she wakes up Dani asks me what's for dinner.  So it was no surprise when Dani wrote dinner as one thing she was thankful for.  It's been fun so far (9 days in) to see what my kids are thankful for.  I plan to save these and hopefully keep doing this for years to come.
One thing I'm thankful for is.....wood!  It's a pain in the butt to cut, split and stack but boy oh boy do I love it when my house is toasty warm on a cold winter morning!!

1 comment:

Brian and Kelsey said...

I love that idea! Thanks for sharing sister