Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Well the last few weeks have been GREAT!!!!

Sorry for the longish absence....for me it's not that long.  Anyway it's been SUPER busy in the Wolford world.  But it's been the best kind of busy.  I got to attend the wedding of a wonderful, sweet, blessed old friend from college!!!
It was such a joy to be there for the happy occasion

Then......after 2 years of waiting, writing and waiting......CALEB CAME HOME!!!  Pretty much the best day EVER!!  Now we are a strange family who likes to do things big and by big I mean BIG!!  As in 20 adults, children, and girlfriends in MATCHING T-SHIRTS!!  Yep every missionary coming home needs to see a sea of Brazilian Flags on a t-shirt!  No wait it gets better....on the back all our shirts said "We Waited" wait for it......except the girlfriends which said "No I REALLY Waited"

 Wait there's more......and Caleb's said (yes we made him wear it over his suit) "Thanks for waiting!"  I have to say the visual was spectacular as you can see from the pictures.
Ben even came, even though he wouldn't wear his shirt over his uniform and generally stayed away from us as pretended he wasn't part of our group.  And honestly I can't blame him.  We tend to go a little crazy.  But we've spent 2 years getting ready for this.  And seeing as how there were 5 sisters before a brother went on a mission it was a big deal to us.
Poor Caleb was sooooo cold!!  Brazil is HOT and Sandy was NOT!!!  He really didn't like it when it SNOWED this past week.
Then the 3 youngest kids and I spent a week in Salt Lake generally hanging out and helping Caleb with whatever he needed.  It was a great week with family and a chance to take a break from life.
So now we're back in Manila and back at school and work. But we have Spring Break next week and that will be fun.

P.S. I have a funny story about our car but I'll save that for the next post........

No comments: