If you've read my blog lately you've noticed I've put a count down to when school starts. This is in NO WAY to depress the reading audience that summer is slipping by. I did this for 2 reasons- 1. To help me remember summer is marching on and I need to try to enjoy every day and try to do something fun with the kids before school starts
2. When school starts I will have ALL 4 KIDS in school!!!! Now granted Dani is just in preschool and it's just 3 mornings a week but it's a step in the right direction.
I need to clarify that I am in no way wishing my children will grow up and go away (only 14 more years) but I'm so happy for Dani! She is soooo ready for school and friends, and learning. She has always been our most shy baby, she wouldn't even talk to our extended family until last year, but she LOVES to learn and is sooo smart. She can read and knows colors and numbers and she's so excited. So this count down is also when my baby will get to go to a whole new world outside of home with mom and dad. This upcoming school year we will have all 4 kids in 4 different classes with 4 different teachers. In a school where there are 2 grades in the same class this is a rare occurrence. WOO HOO.... four different parent teacher conferences!!!
So while summer is slipping away and we are soooo busy, I know that this upcoming school year will be full of fun and adventures for all of my kids.
1 comment:
Okay, so I'm sorry I gave you a hard time about the countdown calendar. Us teachers find it a bit repulsive.
I hope the kids have a good school year. A good teacher can make all the diff.
When are you coming down again?
Is anyone feeding that horse you gave back?
What's up in Manila?
Call me,
MA
Post a Comment