I want to take a minute and tell you about my awesome sister!! She is sooo funny. One of my fondest memories is Musical Monday!! My sister is VERY musical and dramatic and well she decided that sometimes you just should sing ALL DAY!!!! And when I say ALL DAY I mean ALL DAY!!! Think of all the things you talk about or ask about to tell people about in the course of the day. And well....she sang it ALL. So imagine with me, going to the grocery store to pick up a few things for dinner and this particular sister needs to come. Yep, she sang at the store. "where are the toe maaa tooooes?" This is the same sister who also decided one day that when she sang she would sing with a lisp!!! So here's the song she sang "I am Rothmariethies grand daughter. A thpitin' image of my father. And when the day ith done my mommath thtill my biggeth fan. Somethimeth I'm foolish and I'm clumthy but I've got friendth that love me." And so on. Now when she decided to sing in a lisp this was a popular song and it was on the radio ALL the time. It was soooo funny. She sang in a lisp EVERY TIME!!!! I can honestly say no one makes me laugh more.
She's is currently living in Kansas and I don't get to see her very often but I talk to her almost every day. I want her to know that I love her and miss her and I'm SOOOOO happy she's coming to visit in a few weeks. We have so much fun together and drive the rest of our family crazy with what we do and say. But I don't care we have a TON of fun!!!
For Christmas she cross-stitched me a wonderful picture and saying that I want to share "Sometimes God calms the storm....Sometimes God lets the storm rage and calms his child"
I've come to love this saying and have seen it's truth in my life and the lives of those I love.
I love you Morgan!!!
2 comments:
Every time I hear about how my kids stay in touch with other, talk to each other, support each other and love each other, I give thanks to a loving father in heaven who has blessed mine and your mom's life with wonderful children and now grandchildren. We speak fondly and lovingly of each of our children and grandchildren often, both to each other and to our Father in Heaven. Sarah, thanks for sharing your beautiful "ode to a Sister". I hope that each of us will take more time to express our love to one another
more often. Bear, you've given us a great example to follow!
Much love and thanks,
Dad
Oh, thankth thithter, you know I wub you too. :)
(seriously, though, I love you and I'll see you in two weeks.)
Post a Comment