Thursday, July 10, 2008

A very basic update


We've been out of control busy since July started. So here's what's been going on...
















Zach turned 5 on the 5th of July - so here's his cake and all his presents. He got a cool DVD that was Spider Man and through the whole cartoon (27 min) whenever Spider Man took off his mask...it was ZACH'S FACE!! He thought that was the COOLEST. I video taped him watching it for the first time. Then when it got dark we did fireworks. We tried to do them the 4th but I couldn't find any matches. Ben wasn't able to be there for Zach's birthday so we did one more gift (the big one) with Zach on the 6th. He got a cross bow thing that shoots darts. He's been hunting wild animals ever since.















We went camping Monday - Tuesday this week. It was nice after the INSANE holiday weekend. It was nice and cool. And we enjoyed roasting marshmallows with the kids for the first time. All was going well until the bear. Yep you read correctly we had a bear pretty close by and he didn't sound happy. So we put out the fire and went to bed a little sooner than we would have liked.









We had a great time 4-wheeling with the kids and thanks to Ben's parents we got to use their 4-wheelers and we all got to go together. Ben took the 3 youngest with him, and I took Michaela. See was ALWAYS asking to drive. So usually on the way back to camp Ben and I would switch and he would ride with Michaela and let her drive. There was a snake on the road incident (I DO NOT LIKE SNAKES) and after my screaming and crying we got going again and had a fun time.


Now we're back in Manila and getting ready to move. And that's NOT going well. We don't have a place to move to because the people who live there won't leave. But we have no choice there are people coming to this house and we have to be out. But I have faith it will all work out in the end. It just isn't going as smoothly as I would like.

2 comments:

BloggingBills said...

Sarah,
We know you have a snake phobia, but if you don't stop hollering every time you see one (after all you live in wild animal country now and snakes co-habitate with you!) you'll give the kids a complex!

What kind of bug was that?
Love,
Ma

BloggingBills said...

Caleb thinks it's the coolest cake ever. I will reserve judgement, since I am incapable of decorating any cake.
Love, Ma