Thursday, November 27, 2008

Body World


The High School went to Body World in SLC yesterday and it was quite an experience. If you don't know what Body World is it's an artistic display of the human body. A human body that has been plasticised and then put on display. Depending on how each body was plasticised you could see muscle, veins, tendons, tissue , bones, basically EVERY part of the inside of the human body organs included. While very interesting to see the insides of a body the way they were made into art was a little disturbing to me. I'm fine looking at organs and muscles and tissue that doesn't bother me. But when these bodies were displayed as if doing live action it was a little disturbing for me. They guides at the museum kept emphasising that these are ALL real. Every part is from that person. There was a part that had the reason a person chose to do this and they wanted their body to be used for education in a nontraditional way. This was VERY non-traditional. I still don't know what I think. I know the human body is a miracle and a perfect plan. There is no denying the existence of God when you see how perfectly we are made. But still some of it was a little (I don't think disturbing is the right word) hard for me to see. Mostly the bodies in different poses was hard for me. I don't know, my rambling still hasn't helped me make my thoughts coherent. Anyway it was an interesting experience and I can say I went.

1 comment:

Alice said...

I loved that exhibit in vegas when I went. It can be disturbing but really we ARE masterpieces! Looking forward to seeing you tomorrow.