Yesterday I got to go with the HS art classes to the Art Institute at Thanksgiving Point. There was about 17 kids and they got to go make glass flowers and learn about stained glass windows. The man who does the windows is BRILLIANT!!! He does glass for many of the Temples and he's working on a stained glass wall of the history of the world!! It was very cool to see the process and how detailed it has to be. Then the kids got to make their own glass flowers out of what ever colors they wanted. They got to shape the red hot glass and pull it into the shape. It was very cool and I even got to do it. I'm excited to see the finished product. They flowers had to cure for 24 hours so they're being shipped to us today!!!
If you look close you can see the flower hanging upside down to cool a little before it goes into the oven to cure.
1 comment:
Cool. But you could have had the bus drive for 5 extra minutes and come visit me!
MA
Post a Comment