So I've decided that 7 year old sleep overs aren't necessarily the best idea. The girls were fine and had a fun night. But the night lasted until after 11pm. They said they couldn't sleep and everything was "freaking us out". So what could freak out 7 year olds at 11pm??? Well here's a short version of a VERY long list....the light from the fire, the moon outside, the blue light from the stereo, the upstairs, the stairs, the door to Michaela's room. I'm not even kidding about ANY of these. So instead of ME sleeping WITH the 7 year olds I put another movie on for them to fall asleep to and keep their mind busy so they couldn't think of all the "freaky things".
Jordynn's friend went home around lunch time and then I made the mistake of asking Jordynn to clean up her room. There was stomping, screaming and throwing things. Luckily she laid down on her bed and went to sleep for about an hour. YEAH....wait NOT!!!! That wasn't nearly enough sleep and then she spent most of the evening grumpy. And since the other kids had gone to bed later than usual last night, EVERYONE was in bed by 6:30pm. They could read but mostly they fell asleep. Hopefully Jordynn will be better tomorrow. And I've learned an important lesson....7 year olds are NOT old enough for sleep- overs. I would wager most of you with older children who have been there done that are saying..DUH!!!!
4 comments:
Duh!
NO one without a marriage license is old enough for a sleep over.
MA
Have you seen Josh after a sleep over? Or even a late night?
MA
I do not believe in sleep overs, I've decided. Nope, not gonna do it. EVER! Seriously.
it will always turn out like that no matter how old they are. I swear the kids never sleep at "sleep-overs." And the next day everyone pays for it!
Post a Comment