Saturday, September 12, 2009

And the winner is....

I just wanted to let everyone know that I got a call to say that my "Mother of the Year" award is in the mail. How did I win such a prestigious award? Well if it's not obvious I'll tell you. Yesterday Zach went over to a friends house to play. He loves getting to play at a friends house and this is a good kid. The mom was kind enough to bring Zach to me at work (KOA) when they were done playing. I WISH I got a picture of my son's face when he walked in the door with.........a LIZARD!!! I was NOT IMPRESSED and the mom simply commented it's what we do at our house. Well NEWS LASH not at my house. I have 3 daughters and ONE son.
Now I knew subconsciously that the day would come when my son would find some critter he would bring home. I had a plan all worked out. I wouldn't let him in the house with anything that should live outside. That's pretty fair don't you think? Well I never expected him to come home from a friends house with one?!?!
Well my boss Tina thought this was the coolest thing ever and started getting the lizard a tub with leaves and rocks to live in. All the while I'm still in shock that Zach actually brought home a LIZARD ( I wish my voice could come through at this point so you can understand my angst) Anyway we ended up taking the lizard home in the KOA tub and left him on the porch for the night. Unfortunately the lizard was still there this morning and Zach thought he needed a better home. He had a point and I needed to get the tub back to work. So I being the BEST MOM EVER that I am, cleaned out a old fish tank, got rocks, stones, leaves and sticks and made a new and improved home for the lizard.

I think he looks really happy don't you? Even though this lovely lizard is still on the porch at least he's got a great place to live. I've also decided that when this little boy comes over next time I'll send him home with a goat. Let's see how that mom likes that HA HA HA!!!

4 comments:

BloggingBills said...

You love your goats. How about one of the pigeons, chickens or that ($*%& horse!

MA

Morgan Hagey said...

Send BOTH goats home with him. And attach a note, "This is what we do at MY House."

:)

Erin said...

Oh-so nice to let him keep it! He is such a boy...

BloggingBills said...

Did zach actually catch the lizard? Or did the mom and the other boy help? Because its hard to catch lizards. I have tried! But sounds cool!
Josh