Thursday, February 24, 2011

Musings....
















So as I lay in bed at 6am this morning DREADING the impending chaos that is my mornings, I remembered the days of no kids in school and days of just whatever whenever. There was no schedule, no bus to catch and no lunches to pack. (I love it when I open my son's lunch bag and see MOST of yesterdays lunch!!!)
But even though life is sooooooo hectic and busy there are some really good things about time marching on. I have all 4 kids in school and true my baby is just in half day kindergarten, but next year!!! (I can hardly wait) Thursdays I don't have to teach so it's my day off to catch up (which I never do), and our activities, though exhausting, are quite fun. It's fun to see them grow and experience new things, make new friends and develop new hobbies and talents.

More evidence of life evolving and changing is this Sunday I get to accompany my oldest Michaela to New Beginnings. A program at church for girls turning 12 this year and entering the Young Women's program. I've decided I'm not old enough for a 12 year old and yet there is no denying the facts.
With in 2 weeks of each other this summer Michaela will be 12 and graduate from primary and Zach will be 8 and baptised and in Cub Scouts!!!
It's a shock and joy all at the same time.
I enjoy watching my kids grow, I just don't like it when it stats before the sun comes up!!!

3 comments:

Morgan Hagey said...

New beginnings? All ready? Oh my goodness!!! She's almost a young woman!!! How?? How did that happen?

Alice said...

It makes me feel old to know how old your kids are getting. It is crazy to think that 12 years ago I visited you and your new baby in Logan! Crazy. Where has time gone?

BloggingBills said...

Don't blink or you'll be where we are: wondering where the time went and when did our babies get to be parents raising their babies?
If yout think you are old.... what about me?
MA