Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Let me catch you up...

Sorry it's been almost a week, and boy are we busy!!!!! So here's what's been going on.

I had to change the School Play one week in when I lost a couple kids who wanted to "do other things". I spent a TON of last weekend trying to find a new play that would work with the kids I had left. I think I've found one and I have 8 weeks to pull it off.

We had parent teacher conferences for 3 kids!!! Now it should be mentioned that the kids didn't have school on Monday to make room for parent teacher conferences. But we (Ben and I) had to be at the school at 8AM for our first one!!! And as most of you should have noticed it was day light saving this past weekend!! So 8 am was EARLY!!!!

Zach's teacher (he's in pre-school) was worried about his progress and worried he might not be ready for kindergarten. So we had him tested to see how he's developing and what he knows. Well he tested WAY WAY WAY above grade level!!!! I mean WAY!!!! I'm not so worried anymore. The tests however were very telling of life at the Wolford house. There were some questions about compound words, and what word was left if you took one word away. The example was Bluebird. Zach was asked what word was left if he took away the word blue. Well Zach's answer "I want to shoot the bird". SOOOO FUNNY!!!! Then there was also a question where Zach had one minute to name as many foods as he could, here are a few of what he said, elk, deer, water.... then the very next question was to name as many animals as he could in one minute. Again he answered deer, elk....he has a one track mind. The lady doing the testing just kept laughing at his answers. Luckily she's a friend of mine and I just kept telling her that life at the Wolford's is different from other families.

Ben and I went to the Ward Youth Dance on Saturday night to "help" the kids dance. It should be mentioned that a few weeks ago we went to mutual and taught the kids how to swing dance (yes it's a hidden talent we have) so they had this dance to keep the kid's skills up, and we were there to help fill in what they forgot (which was a lot).

I officially HATE day light savings. It's dark when we get up and the kids don't go to bed. EVER!!!!!

Dani was throwing up all day yesterday. The local doctor has said that Manila is on round 3 of the flu for this winter. YEAH!!! I'm so excited. Zach was sick on Friday so it was bound to happen that someone else got it. This morning Jordynn told me her throat hurt and she wasn't feeling good. But I couldn't get her to stay home because she wants to have 100% attendance!!! Then she gets to go to a pizza party.

So that's life for now. Ben commented yesterday that we are BUSY!! In a town of 236 we never stop running. This weekend Ben has a boy scout "camp out" I use " " because they're going to a cabin with cable. How is that camping??

No comments: