Saturday, April 5, 2008

Road Rage....

Yesterday I went to Rock Springs to get the shopping done. As I was leaving Wal-Mart, and got to the main cross roads, there was some construction and it got a little confusing. I needed to go strait so I pulled into the right lane to get around some cars turning left, then I pulled back into the left lane. In the process I cut a woman off. But by the time I realized what I did I was in the intersection, and the light was yellow. She honked her horn and I waved to apologize, got through the intersection (now red) and went on my way. I was heading to McDonald's to get the kids a happy meal. As I finished ordering and was coming around to the window to pay, next to the drive through lane was the lady I cut off!!!! She had her window rolled down and flicked me off and yelled at me. Then she sped off. O.K. that was odd, she FOLLOWED me!! She had to have run that red light I went through to know where I went. So I went to the pay window and paid and then went to the next window to get our food. Well then she was BEHIND me in the drive through. She was at the pay window yelling at the kid in the window about what I did, I know this because my window was down to get the food. She paid then got RIGHT behind be at the pick up window, I was still there because I had 4 happy meals and it's took them a while. She then started to yell and scream obscenities at me AGAIN!!!! At this point I was thinking what a lot of energy to for an honest mistake!!! So I ignored her, got our food, rolled UP the window and left. Luckily the lovely lady behind me had a slight delay in getting her food so when I left I wasn't followed. But again I say what a lot of effort for the chance to yell. The sad thing is there was a 13-14 year old in the front with this woman. What a WONDERFUL example. And if I was in the mood for a fight, she drove an OLD sub-compact and well I have a HUGE FREAKING Suburban!! I so could have run right over her, been on my way and barely noticed the bump her tiny old, car would have made as I drove on. That's road rage!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm proud of you considering you have true road rage!

Lov ya,
Mom

Alice said...

I think I used to be that woman! I am glad I am a much better person these days. Except for the swearing and caffeine that is! :)