Friday, May 23, 2008

Graduation 2008!!!



Tonight was Manila High's graduation!! This year I had to play the piano, yeah "Pomp and Circumstance". Not my favorite song. But the highlight had to be the commencement speaker. We had NBA star Shawn Bradly come to speak. It was GREAT! Then after the ceremony he was kind enough to stay around and take pictures and sign autographs. I was even brave enough to stand in his general area to get a picture. Then he saw what I was doing and put his arm around me, my look should explain it all. I was a little shocked.




Ben's comment was "You got a picture with HIM and you look like THAT??" Again I was shocked he was right there!!! Here's the picture of me trying to NOT BE SEEN.

And yes I know not the most flattering pictures and expressions in either picture. But all in all it was a good night. So another year of graduates gone from Manila. And again sitting through the ceremony reinforced our opinion that we want our kids to graduate from here. But that's years and years away and yes I know it will be here sooner than I think. But for now I'll say goodnight from the short one on the right.

2 comments:

Morgan Hagey said...

Okay, the one of you WITH his arm around you is priceless. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

Anonymous said...

It looks like a scene from the wizard of oz in the munchkin village!

Love ya,
Ma