Thursday, August 7, 2008

Greetings from Sandy

My dad was upset that I'd been here almost a week and hadn't blogged from their house. So here it goes.
Here's a picture of our compound referred to in a previous post. Nice isn't it. This is home for the next 2 months. The horse trailer by the garage has my full size fridge and my upright freezer in it. This is a picture of my brother coming to visit me while he was at scout camp. They came up to Manila and he brought me a dolly to help me move. Now HE didn't help me move he just brought me the dolly then went swimming. NICE!!! Here's a picture of the time when we FINALLY got done cleaning and finishing up. We worked 16 hours that day. Here's where it gets annoying. We cleaned EVERY carpet in EVERY room, and I scrubbed the floors. Well we found out today they are replacing all the carpet and re-tilling the floors. I'm a little mad.
But today the kids and I got to go hang out with our friends the Walkers. They spent the last year in the Azors (little islands) teaching. Now they are back and in Pleasant Grove. I gave my kids the camera and told them to take some pictures and these are some of the best. I didn't think you cared to see all the pictures of the floor or cut off heads.All in all we're doing good. Zach has a dentist appointment tomorrow to fix a few cavities and he's a little nervous. If all goes well I intend to head back to Manila in the next few days. It's time for me to figure out how to live in that trailer. Wish me luck!!!!

No comments: