Monday, August 18, 2008
The Long Long Trailer
So how many of you have seen the old Lucielle Ball and Desi Arnez movie the Long Long Trailer? Well it's one of my favorites. Well here's the general gist, the happy newly wed couple buy a camper trailer to tour the United States in. One day the Lucielle character decides it would be a good idea if she stayed in the trailer while they drove to their camp ground then when they got there she would have dinner all ready. Well hyjinx (sp?) ensue and she is thrown all around the trailer and things keep flying by and falling on her. Needless to say she DID NOT have dinner ready when they stopped for the night. Well what does this have to do with the Wolfords you may ask. Let me tell you. Last Tuesday Ben was out of town on a baseball trip and the toilet stopped working in the trailer. I soon found out the septic tank was FULL and needed to be emptied. It should be noted that Ben wasn't due back until LATE wed. night. So the kids and I made due (we spent lots of time at friends homes) and then when Ben got back around 10 pm Wed. night we went to the trailer, hooked it up to take it to the dump station. Well instead of unloading the trailer of all our stuff, Ben suggested I stay in the trailer while he drove the 4 miles to the station. My job was to make sure nothing fell or flew during the drive. Here's the deal.....it was TERRIFYING!!!!! I know Ben wasn't speeding but back in that trailer I thought we were going 100 MPH!! But I survived there and back but told Ben I would rather NOT do that next time. So that was this weeks adventure. I have more pictures of compound life to load and will hopefully get to that soon. For now I go back to get dinner ready and the kids ready for school on 2 DAYS!!!! YEAH YEAH YEAH!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment