Friday, November 14, 2008

1:37 AM

So here I am at 1:30 in the morning and I'm blogging. Why?? Well you see I'm usually up around this time of night (morning) and since I can't sleep I'd might as well be productive. I know that there's a good chance the reason I can't sleep is because I've said "I can't sleep" and if I would just lay in bed I would go back to sleep. Well I've tried that and all that happens is I lay in bed not sleeping. So I decided when this happens (3-4 nights a week) I would get up and do something and then when I was tired again I would go back to bed. Now there's an actual reason I'm up at this lovely hour and that's my 3 year old. She likes to cry. And it seems her favorite time is 12:30 AM. SO I get up to comfort and cover her backup ( I have to hurry and get to her BEFORE she comes in my room or it's a WHOLE other issue) and then, well, I'm up. So I surf the Internet, check blogs, check on kids (again) and see what's on TV. Do you want to know what's on TV at what is now 1:30 AM??? I know you do!!! Well NOTHING!!! I have 250 channels and nothing is on. I'm not sure how I feel about this or if there's anything I can do about it. I tend to think not but I did find "Home Improvement" which isn't bad but....thus the reason I blog. I know you don't particularly care but hey I'm here I thought I'd share. So.....I hope you're all having pleasant dreams and will wake rested in the morning and read this and have a good chuckle because it's now 1:46 AM and I'm still up.

3 comments:

Erin said...

I've started doing that too! I am literally WIDE AWAKE at 1:00 in the morning! Twice this week I haven't been able to go back to sleep AT ALL-so I was trying to function on 3 hours of sleep, 2 days in a row.Last week I went back to sleep after a couple hours. I wish I knew why...at least you know it's 'cuz Dani wakes up (why is that? Is she having bad dreams? Poor baby.)I should get up and be productive too...I could get a lot of sewing done.

BloggingBills said...

Sarah,

Here's a thought. Don't get up. Once you deal with Dani, then go back to bed and just let your body rest. CLose your eyes, think of your 'happy place' and just chill. You may fall asleep or you may not, but it doesn't really matter (except for that whole, "You need REM sleep to stay sane and normal" but that's another story. So let your body rest and just relax.

I wake up at 2:30 every morning, but I don't get up (usually) and sure enough, I'm usually asleep again by 5:30 or so......

Love ya, MA

Alice said...

Hey. Ben is planning on coming up on Friday and staying. Yipee. It will be a blast.