So last night I was quite adventurous (well for a 31 year old mother of 4) and I went to see New Moon at MIDNIGHT!!! That's right me a 3 friends (Melissa, Ch'ree, and Jessica) went and we LOVED it.
Let me walk you through the night....sorry if you don't care!!
1st- We arrived at the theatre at 9:30ish after dinner
2nd - We waited in the car since the doors didn't open until 10pm (we already had tickets)
3rd- 9:35ish stupid younger teenager like girls decide to wait right by the door thus causing a rush to get in line.
4th- We excited the car stood in line OUTSIDE in the dark at NIGHT and it was at LEAST 30 below zero. OK probably not that cold but in the low 30's for sure. My only solace was that we all bought 'Snuggies' at the grocery store when we got snacks. Sure we were embarrassing but WARM!!!
5th - Doors open at 10 pm and it's a dash to get the best seats. It should be noted that we were all still wearing our 'Snuggies' when perusing the theatre for seats. We get good middle seats and settle in for the 2 hour wait
6th- Melissa and I duck out to get drinks because if you spend money at the concession stand you can enter in the raffle for prizes before the movie. Well I HAD to have a New Moon T-shirt so I spent $20 on CRAP and headed back to our seats (Still in 'Snuggies")
7th- We wait and wait and talk and wait. Fun but I really just wanted the raffle to start so I could WIN!!! Well finally a kid about 12 years old comes in to draw names for LAME prizes I was a little disappointed and of course I didn't win....sigh
8th - FINALLY THE MOVIE BEGINS - the theatre was silent it was cool. Let me sum up the movie for all those that weren't crazy/lucky enough to watch it at midnight.....AWESOME!!! There that's what I have to say AWESOME!!!
10th - Up at 7am to get kids off to school and myself there by 8AM (again AM) so even though I'm VERY tired and may sleep until Eclipse comes out it was TOTALLY WORTH IT!!!!
Thanks Melissa for driving it was a blast!!!! Only 7 months until Eclipse!!!!
3 comments:
You. Are. Such. A. Nerd. But, at least you are a nerd among friends. I can be reasonably certain that I will never see a midnight showing of a movie...at least not voluntarily. I'm glad you had a good time! You looked very cozy in your Snuggie...
Seriously, only 7 months til the next movie comes out?
I need to go see the new one.
Ask me why I need a sub for Monday and Tuesday next week.
MA
yep, you're crazy! :) Glad you had a good time. I will wait a few days and then go. (maybe even by myself?)
Post a Comment