Anyone who reads this blog with any sort of regularity knows that the Wolford children have bad luck with hair. We've had self cut, brother cut, and bang cut. Well this morning we had mom cut. Jordynn woke up with gum in her hair. She INSISTS she wasn't chewing gum but the proof was in her hair. I HATE GUM. Most days the kids come home with gum and candy from school. It's in their mouth being chewed before I have any say. So this morning started off with a hair cut. To say that Jordynn is mad is not even the tip of the iceberg. This girl is FURIOUS!!! She didn't want her hair very short. It's not so bad or short, but still noticeable. I gut the gum part then needed to even it all out. I got it all figured out and sent her to school...with a hat on!! She's one mad first grader.
For a Michaela sick update, she was throwing up last night, but got dressed this morning for school. I sent her back to bed, crying because she wants 100% attendance. I had to explain to her that it's more important to get better than go to school sick.
I'm so proud, I'm 50% for making my kids cry all before 8AM!!!! BEST MOM EVER!!!!
4 comments:
Poor girls. Sounds like a rough morning for everyone involved (you included!)I hope Michaela feels better soon.
hey Heather, peanut butter gets the gum out with out using scissors! Might want to try it next time. Yes, I'm sure there will be a next time. :)
Michaela honey,
You need to stay home and get better. I promise you your teacher does NOT want you in school throwing up. I hate cleaning up after kids who throw up. The other kids hate it too. So you are a great kid for staying home!
Love ya,
Granne
Sare Bear:
I'm sorry you made 50% of the kids cry. Ummmm, I wonder where you get your hatred of gum from?
Does it give you nightmares?
Do you remember the poem?
A gum chewing girl
And a cud chewing cow
Are alike and yet different somehow
Oh, I have it now!
It's the intelligent look on the face of the cow.
Credit to your GG.
Love, MA
Post a Comment