Sunday, January 27, 2008

Look!!! A moose spoon!!!








Look at the cool thing Ben found out on snowmobile patrol today!!! A MOOSE SPOON!! This is soooo cool. I love moose. I have for about 10 years now. I have moose on my walls, moose dishes, moose blankets, stuffed moose, moose shirts, I even have moose socks. This is a shed from this winter. It's from a young bull moose. So now the question is what to do with it?? I've seen these stained so they hold their color, carved on like a wildlife scene (my favorite option) or have a scene painted on.
I know most of you are thinking EWWW gross a moose horn. But really I think it's cool!!!
On a sadder note, President Gordon B. Hinkley, prophet of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints passed away this evening. I love this man. His wisdom in leading this church, his vision of Temple work and his sense of humor has uplifted, comforted and given me strength for my entire adult life. Michaela and I share the same birthday as Pres. Hinkley and so every birthday we would remember to wish him a good day where ever he was. I know he's now home in the presence of our Savior and his beloved wife. He will be missed. But the beauty of the organization of our church is the work goes on seamlessly. Pres. Monson will be a wonderful and powerful prophet for our church.

1 comment:

Morgan Hagey said...

The comment about the church continuing forward regardless is EXACTLY what I said to Derek last night.

It's a great thing.