Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Old Thanks, New Year....

Well I think I'll take a minute to recap our 2007 and the good points

Ben finished a successful 1st year as the HS Girls Basketball Coach - they took 2nd in the state

I had my first experience as a High School Drama Director and did my first musical "Into the Woods" - public opinion was good

We got to baptise Michaela in June and had all the families up for the event - it was loud and busy

Jordynn graduated from pre-school and has now started Kindergarten - she LOVES it

Michaela was honored with a 100% attendance award - she missed the first 6 weeks of the school year, how does that work?

We went camping in July with Ben's family, horses, dogs and kids - I fell out of our trailer and ripped all the ligaments in my ankle

I bought a 30Gb. video i-Pod - I LOVE THIS AND USE IT EVERY DAY!!!!!

Michaela started 3rd grade, Jordynn Kindergarten, Zach pre-school - busy kids

Danielle is 2 and BUSY - I enjoy our mornings together just her and me

I was hired to be a REAL teacher at the HS and Elem. School - I teach band, Drama, 4-6th grade music and band

Ben was hired to be the Boys Baseball coach - they didn't win allot but they learned a ton!!!

Our three kids in school did a great Christmas Program - I got to debut as a REAL band director!!!!

I got to spend time with my sister from KS who I love and miss all the time

I got to spend time with 2 of my oldest and best friends - GO OLIVE GARDEN....YES WE'RE SOBER!!!!!!

We have a great house that we don't have to pay to maintain - We had pipes and windows break this winter

I'm glad I discovered blogging....even if no one reads it, it's a good way to journal.

And mostly I love that we as a family are in a place that we love, Ben loves all his jobs, I love mine, we have good friends and great kids. We're happy, healthy and doing good in this tiny town you'd miss if you blinked!!!!

May you have a wonderful 2008 full of all the righteous needs and desires of your heart!!!



2 comments:

Morgan Hagey said...

Hey! I read your blog... so there you go. And I totally use this as a journal these days too.

Alice said...

I am not Old! Ha. We sure did have a fun time at the OG! Thanks for being awesome and being a great friend even after all these years! I love reading your blog, I think you would be surprised at how many people really read it!