Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Who's pencil is the smallest?

So there's a new fad in the kindergarten. The goal and the cool thing is to have the smallest pencil possible. I'm NOT kidding. Then to make your pencil really really cool you need an eraser topper on it. So last night after a blizzard I needed to go to Rock Springs to get Danielle some meds. (she has an ear infection) and Jordynn had a request. She wanted me to get her some NEW eraser toppers. Why I asked when the one she had is still fine. Here's her reply "Mom new ones are cooler!!" Of course how uncool of me. So here's a picture of Jordynn's tiny pencil (before the new eraser topper).



Here's the funny part. Jordynn tells me that her pencil isn't small enough!!! She needs it smaller because other kids have smaller ones than this. So I guess I can use this opportunity to teach her a lesson about peer pressure and not having to be like every one else in school. But then I think how funny that this is what's cool right now. And how innocent this all is. At least it's not who can wear the shortest skirt or wear the most makeup or kiss the most boys. No, I'm glad we're dealing with pencils.




No comments: