Thursday, January 31, 2008

Mornings are.....LONG!!!

So mornings at the Wolford's are generally hectic. Jordynn is SLOW and takes her time no matter how late we are. Plus it's cold. We use a wood stove to help heat the house so every morning I have to start a fire to warm up the house. This is usually done around 7AM while yelling at the kids to hurry up. But today Ben had early morning basketball practice and by early I mean 5:30 AM. YEAH EARLY!! Well since I went to bed around 7 pm last night (I had a horrible headache) that meant I was up for the day at... 5:30 AM. So the fire got started early, there was less yelling and we had a few minutes to spare. So what did I learn? Did I learn it's worth it to get up a few minutes early? Is it worth it to have the fire roaring when the kids get up? NOPE I learned that 5:30 is FRICKIN' EARLY and I'm tired!!!!


On another note when Dani gets up in the morning it takes a while for her to look awake. She has what we have come to call sleepy eyes. She looks still tired for about an hour after she wakes up. Well this morning this is what Dani looked like and Jordynn was soooo funny. She kept saying that Dani's eyes were "So cute I can't stand it!" I thought that was pretty funny. But I have to admit she IS pretty cute. Even though she's been crying for the last half hour about wanting toast for breakfast and we're out of bread!!!

Have a good day!!













2 comments:

Erin said...

Look at her little eyes! So cute. She's just darling. Your girls are adorable all dressed up for the snow!
Is Jordynn still trying to make her pencils tiny?

Morgan Hagey said...

It must be genetic because Henry has sleepy eyes too! It's so cute!